Cold pigment dyeing process is very simple process through which the pigment dyes are made to be absorbed in to T-shirts to achieve a washed / vintage look. These are the steps through which Pigment is applied to the T-shirts,
1. Desired pigment dyes is mixed into Cold water and kept in a vessel.
2. T-shirts are then dipped in to the vessel manually and kept in the vessel for 10 minutes. This allows the t-shirts to absorb the pigment dyes.
3. After this, t-shirts are then Tumble Dried. The result is as shown in the picture above.
1. Washed look.
2. Soft hand feel of the fabric.
1. Manual therefore higher lead times.
2. Bit expensive because of manual process.